Your massage is booked and you’re looking forward to feeling relaxed and pampered as you let all the stress and anxiety melt away. Here are some helpful tips you can do before and after your appointment to make sure you get the most out of your massage.
- When you book your massage, consider your schedule for the day. Is it better at the end of the day or on your day off when you’re most relaxed? Maybe a massage invigorates you and it’s better to start your day with it.
- Enjoy a warm shower before a massage. It will help relax the muscles and your mind. Your therapist will also appreciate working on a clean body as well.
- Avoid eating a big meal before your massage. Consider having a light snack 1-2 hours before your massage to avoid being light-headed but allowing enough time for digestion.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water after your appointment. Similar to a workout, muscle tissue can become dehydrated after a massage. Drinking plenty of water afterwards helps hydrated and remove any metabolic waste.
- Skip the cup of joe after your massage. Now that your muscles are relaxed, caffeine can cause muscles to tense up. If you need something warm to drink, herbal tea is great.